I’m not sure I believe in New Year’s resolutions. But I do find that setting up goals and intentions can be very helpful when you have something you want to achieve. The same thing is true for finding love – it’s no different than any other goal. In January, most people are willing to set goals, so I advise following the trend. Without this conscious step, you may find nothing new transpires.
So what will you do this year to find love?
Here are some suggestions to help you create your plan:
1. Look for events that you would be willing to attend. You can find them in the newspaper calendar, online by putting the nearest large city/town into Google + single events. Also check out http://meetup.com – you can search by zip code and there is so much available for singles or in general. Visit the speed dating sites to see what is available in your area as well.
2. Put things on your calendar. Sign up and don’t think about it too long. You can always back out but often, especially with speed dating, you won’t get in if you don’t sign up early.
3. Many women in mid-life don’t have single girlfriends. But a dating buddy is great when you are looking for prospects. If you are out and there are too many women at an event – see this as an opportunity to connect with women. Besides, you never know who she may know!
4. Determine how many times a month you are willing to get out there to meet new people. Then stick to it! It’s so easy to backslide but don’t let yourself wiggle out of this commitment. If you really have a desire to find love, a little effort will be needed. Try to get out at least three times a month to make a genuine effort.
5. Consider some type of dating service. Whether it’s online like Match.com – the biggest site by far, or a local matchmaker or in
Get out there, smile and have fun! Meeting new people will enrich your life.