When should you stop texting him? If you text a lot with men, but it doesn’t go anywhere, here are 9 reasons to stop now before you waste more time. This is particularly true if you are seeking a long-term relationship.
What’s with all this Texting?
You meet a guy online and after a few exchanges within the site you move to texting. At first it was fun and even exciting. For some texting offers a fun way to communicate. Perhaps you have a good sense of humor or are quick witted. Then texting can be a blast.
Will Texting Lead to Dates?
Of course you will need to text a bit at the start with any man. Most men want to text before talking on the phone. However, texting with men for any period of time can actually be a distraction and a huge time waster. Women get in the habit of texting with a man and before you know it feel a connection that they hate to let go of. They don’t want to stop texting him.
That’s exactly what I mean by a distraction – because you can fall into the illusion that you started a relationship even if you’ve never met. As a result, you might not push yourself to continue meeting other men who could be more viable.
So you settle in with a man you have a virtual relationship with that can sometimes drag on for months without a single date or maybe just a few. Yes, unfortunately this happens all the time!
How Can You Avoid Texting that Goes Nowhere?
You have to be willing to think long-term. It might not be easy to stop texting him when you’re having fun even if you don’t see each other. But that’s exactly what you need to do.
If you want to go on dates, you’ve got to kick the “texting only guys” to the curb. You can’t let yourself settle for a texting buddy hoping something more will eventually happen. It just doesn’t work that way no matter how long you hang on and remain hopeful.
Follow these guidelines below about when to stop texting him. These men are what I call “dead-enders” because they aren’t serious about building a long-term loving relationship with you, even if they text for months.
9 Reasons to Stop Texting Him Now!
1.He Gives You One-Word Answers. If a man is not holding up his end of the conversation at the start of things, it sure won’t get better. If you don’t want to do all the work, don’t keep texting a man who doesn’t even try to have a decent conversation. Spot the lazy guy and move on quickly.
2. He Didn’t Answer Your Last Text. Having a conversation takes effort. If he didn’t respond to your last text, why keep trying? NO ANSWER IS AN ANSWER and shows his lack of interest so stop texting him and move on.
3. You Always Initiate. You want to be with a man who is interested in you and pursues you. That means he contacts you first. The woman who always texts first is chasing the guy which does not work. He won’t get invested in winning you over if he doesn’t have to do anything.
4. You Haven’t Been in Touch. It’s been over two weeks since he last contacted you and he has this on and off habit. That’s your signal he’s NOT serious about you. Don’t bother texting with a man who is so unreliable.
5. You Don’t Talk on the Phone or Date. Texting is perfect when you first meet online to get a conversation going. It’s also a great supplementary form of communication once you are into the relationship. Or a way to tell someone you’re late or check in briefly. However, if texting is all you do with this guy, STOP texting him. You are letting him waste your time.
6. He Texts Late at Night. This is usually a texting booty call. another possibility is that he’s bored and filling time. Or he wants someone to fantasize with. None of these are reasons to invest any further because he’s not doing anything to win you over. Do not accept his relationship crumbs!
7. He Texts When he Drinks. You only hear from this guy when he’s been drinking – the modern age version of drunk dialing. Clearly this is a man who is not serious about building a relationship with you and not emotionally available unless he’s inebriated.
8. He’s Big on Sexting. Do I even need to talk about this? Please don’t send naked photos of yourself to men you do not know and pause before sending them to men you’re in a trusting relationship with. Once out there – you cannot get those photos back under wraps.
9. He’s Tracking You. Controlling men can use texting to keep track of your whereabouts. If you are just getting started with a new guy and he seems so into you that he wants to know your every move WAKE UP. This is a sure sign of controlling behavior and his next step will be to tell you where you should and shouldn’t go. Walk away now before you get in too deep.
The bottom line is this – don’t work harder to get a relationship started than the man does. At most you can mirror his actions. Remember the best case scenario is when a man pursues you and tries to please, impress and win you over. He’ll never get invested in you if you do all the work for him – but he sure could get turned off.
2 thoughts on “9 Reasons to Stop Texting Him Now”
You are welcome Etta.
I really appreciate this.
We had an argument or more like my mouth began running all over the place saying things that shouldn’t have been said. I apologized. Before the apology however he wouldn’t even read my emails (I know because I have an email tracker). But (unbeknownst to me until after the fact) my brother emailed him, explaining how Im feeling. So then he began reading again my apology emails (of course I never actually understood why).
But I felt encouraged by that so emailed him. He actually read it! So I did it again, and he read it….again, yet still no response.
But I decided to read this, and it made me feel renewed.