Looking for online dating advice? If you’ve tried the sites and insist they don’t work, are you sure it’s the sites and not you? Get nine game changing tips to turn things around and find the love you want
Don’t misunderstand – I’m NOT saying there is anything wrong with you. What I am saying is how you use the sites and your reaction to what happens is more likely the problem. Let me explain.
Here are some things you might think about online dating:
- Men only want younger/thinner women
- The kind of men I want aren’t on the dating sites
- There are too many scammers and liars
- Men just want to text or talk on the phone
- The wrong men always email me
- Guys don’t follow through after contacting me
- Men email then disappear right away
- No one on the site interests me
Sound familiar? Do you relate to any of these thoughts or problems?
These concerns are very common and almost every woman who has dated online has had these ideas float through her mind. However, that doesn’t mean these thoughts are true or based on reality. They may mirror your current experience, but that doesn’t make them the ultimate truth.
So what’s the problem then? If these complaints aren’t true, what is?
What is honestly happening for most singles who go online to find love is that they don’t understand how the tool works or what to expect. Yes, I’m serious. After 14 years of working with single women over 40 from all over the world, I know this to be true.
Online Dating Advice – What is True about Dating on the Web?
- Online dating is the #1 way singles over 50 meet
- Online dating is the #2 method for singles under 40 to find love
- It’s simply a tool to meet people and anything but perfect
- Regardless of fancy matching systems, you need to meet people to see if you click
- Like any dating method, it’s a numbers game – you need to meet lots of men
What Is the Key to Online Dating Success?
The key to success online lies completely with you – it’s all about your attitude!
I’m not blaming you. Not at all.
Instead I”m revealing a truth that is completely under your own control. Your attitude is not something outside yourself that you have no influence over. This is great news because knowing this, you now have an opportunity to turn this around. Your online dating success to find the love you dream of is actually in your hands.
Please don’t angry at me about this – just hear me out first.
Most women have strong reactions to dating online. As a dating coach for women who has helped thousands, I get it. Dating can be a very emotional journey fraught with frustration, anxiety, confusion, fear and rejection. But that’s why people work with me – to address each and every one of these difficulties and smooth over them.
Let me help you right now in this moment while you are reading this blog with online dating advice that will be a game changer for you.
9 Game-Changing Pieces of Online Dating Advice
- When a man doesn’t follow up, doesn’t ask you out or call again, he has done you a favor. He knew he wasn’t the one for you and save you time and heart break. Let it go as quickly as possible because now you are available to meet someone better.
- Instead of fretting over the guy who got away, face the future with this optimistic thought – Who is next? The right man for you could be the very next one you meet or just down the road a bit.
- Don’t get hooked on a profile, thinking he’s got to be the one you’re seeking. It’s just a profile and if you never met the guy, that’s a sure sign from the Universe that he was NOT the man for you.
- Don’t invest your hope and emotions on a man you’re emailing, texting or talking to on the phone. This is not true love. This is a virtual relationship that is a time wasting dead end. Avoid virtual relationships without dates.
- Open your mind to consider more types of men. You can’t tell as much as you think you can from a profile. Snap judgments are often incorrect and could work to sabotage your efforts. Discernment is important, but you need to meet as many men as possible to find “the one”.
- Reach out to men and email them one question to start a conversation. Don’t just wait to be contacted by the men. Be a part of the equation – the more active you are, the more activity you are likely to manifest.
- Don’t fall apart over a man you had three dates or less with. It was just three dates and you will go on to meet more men if you keep moving. Don’t give away your power to a man you barely know.
- Don’t close off your options after a few dates. Stay open to meeting men until you have the exclusivity talk and agree to be in an exclusive relationship. Otherwise, you risk wasting precious time with the wrong guy when either of you break it off.
- Understand that online dating is like any other dating method – it takes time. And with online dating, if you have a 10-20% response rate, this is completely normal. Be patient and expect low numbers and realize everyone online goes through this exact same thing.
If you follow this game-changing online dating advice, it will turn around your experience and give you the opportunity to find the love you want. Don’t quibble with me, resist, balk, or get offended by this insight and advice – just get back on line and find the love you want.
Need help getting started? Check out my home study course which is chock full of online dating advice and a comprehensive guide to everything about looking for love on the web.
2 thoughts on “Are the Online Dating Sites Really the Problem?”
I’m 73, going to be 74 in May. Are the rules/men different for my age group? When I was in my 60s I always had lots of responses even though I didn’t find the one. But since having the digit 7 starting my age in my profile pic, I have had NO RESPONSES AT ALL. Even men who come up to me and flirt in places like the grocery store, vision center, etc. just start to walk away when we are through chatting, saying it was nice meeting you. Since none of them have asked for my number or suggested getting together, I have started saying, “Since we’re both single, maybe we could meet for coffee sometime.” They ALL have run away saying almost the exact same thing: “Oh No! I’m in my 70s I don’t do that anymore.” I’m at a loss as to what to do, and hope you have some insight to offer.
Yes, the rules are STILL the SAME. About online dating, it’s hard to say why you aren’t having any responses since I can’t see your profile. As long as you keep it positive and write about what you want (not what you don’t want) you should be fine. You do have to update your profile regularly to stay fresh in the algorithm or you end up on page 20. Also make sure your photos are good. Keep in mind, the response rate can be low for most people, as low as 15% even. Just keep going.
About meeting men around, I don’t think you’re approach is good. Those men simply aren’t interested. It’s a shame people feel like love is over after 70 but you still have possibilities. Do not give up. Lastly, you might want to try http://www.ourtime.com which is for people 50+. My clients seem to have good luck with the site.