So April 15th is on the horizon -it’s tax day! Are you filing single again? I hope you take a moment to think not about your taxes, but your relationship status. It’s time you start making a serious effort to meet new people. Here are some ideas that will help!
First let’s start with ATTITUDE. Oh yes that makes a difference!
1. Take the pressure off and just meet new people. Stop criticizing everyone which keeps you from meeting anyone. Just get outt here and remember hos to smile, shake hands, and connect with other humans. maybe flirt a little – come on its fun!
2. Don’t interview prospects – instead try the art of conversation. I”m serious. Lots of people have simply forgotten how to have a conversation, simple talk, chatting for the heck of it. I encourage you to start practicing up on your conversation skills because the vast majority of people don’t like to be interviewed on a first date. In fact, that feels more like interrogation rather than conversation.
3. Lighten up! Yes, finding the right person can be difficult. So what! If you keep moving and meeting, you have the bets chance of meeting someone you can click with. Find ways to enjoy the process. Stop complaining and make a game out of how many new people you can meet in 90 days. Stretch yourself and relax. You will eventually find someone if you meet enough people.
Next up – WHERE CAN YOU MEET NEW PEOPLE?
1. Check out meetup.com – they have so many new groups forming all the time. There’s bound to be one group in your area that has a singles event to attend
2. Walk your dog! Yes, many folks meet people just walking their dog at the park. Dog owners are friendly to each other. So put on a smile, get out the leash and take Fido with you.
3. Try a singles dance. I know you don’t love them, but go anyway. Once in a while is good for you. For the women, stand at the edge of the dance floor and smile. Look friendly and say “Yes” as often as you can. for the men, just ask the ladies. If you hear “No”, go ask another woman. Some of them will be smart enough to say “Yes”.
4. If you play tennis, try a round-robin event so you can meet other tennis players. Golfers, its getting time to hit a bucket of balls. Just look up once in a while to see if there’s anyone cute near by.
5. Try online dating! www.PlentyofFish.com and www.OKCupid.com are both free sites. I hear good things about both so it won’t even cost you a penny. Or if you want, try www.Match.com or www.GreenSingles.com , but try something!
As your dating coach, I ask you to make a pact with yourself that this is the very last year you will file your taxes single. Because spring is here and love often follows close behind.