Yup! That’s another great tip from Jerry, that single midlife guy I spoke about the other day. Jerry tells me he got sick of Match.com and those other big sites because it wastes his time.
“Women just won’t write back or respond. I don’t understand – isn’t that why they joined?”
Excellent question Jerry, I wonder that myself about many of my clients. I’ve met Jerry and he’s pretty good lookin’ in my book. Maybe the problem is he didn’t got to college – he’s a blue collar guy – but very clean cut, church-going, blonde, 5’11” and he can fix stuff!
My motto is that a college degree won’t keep you warm at night, doesn’t guarantee a good job or much intelligence as a matter of fact. Also,once you go blue you never go back – but perhaps I’m biased…
Any way that’s why Jerry started really checking out Facebook. He says he’s having good luck looking up women from high school and his past and reconnecting with old friends. I think that’s a smart idea! What a great use of the whole myspace/facebook thing.
Why not give it a go? I’ll give youa few tips to get started.
1. Poke around to find old friends and reconnect.
2. Check out who their friends are – maybe you know some of them.
3. Watch the facebook updates and comment on their wall about stuff they write – this is how you get good conversations going.
4. Use your sense of humor! Try flirting even.
5. Update what you are doing on a regular basis – and not just that you are having a cup of tea! Say something interesting or funny or topical to attract comments yourself.
6. Send private messages when you want to talk about something in particular – build rapport with individuals
7. Let it be fun, don’t take it too seriously.
None of this has to take a lot of time. Certainly less than trolling on match.com. You’ll catch up with old friends and maybe meet some new ones too! Please let me know how it works out.