Curious about how to attract men in today’s crazy singles scene? Once you get past these five myths that could be getting in your way, you’ll be meet men more easily.
1. All the good men are taken. This limiting statement has been hanging around since the 80’s. It wasn’t true then and it’s not true today. Yet the myth continues to live and flourish, keeping great women like you from finding love. When you think there are no good men left, what could motivate you to go and look? This is the perfect excuse to do nothing and then complain about being single.
If you want to find love, you’re going to have to go out to meet new men. Open your mind to the possibility that good men do exist. People find love every day – so there must be quality men out there. I found a great guy which is why I know you can do it too.
2. He can take me as I am. So you want a fabulous guy who is attractive and successful? OK, I’m with you. Now what are you going to do to be a great catch as well? Some women take wonderful care of themselves. Others have this idea that they are who they are and this is it – take it or leave it. With that kind of attitude, I’m pretty sure most men leave it and will walk on by.
When you have this “take me as I am” attitude, you are in fact challenging men to like you in spite of your lack of effort. Trust me, that is NOT attractive in anyway. I’m not asking you to have plastic surgery or lose weight. But, what about a little blush and lipstick? A new hairstyle? Clothing that makes the most of your assets? If you want to know how to attract men, pay attention to your personal presentation because it does make a difference. A confident woman looks her best and confidence is very sexy.
3. Me flirt? Why should I? Women complain the singles scene is a hostile environment. Surprisingly, many men feel the exact same way. They have been beaten up by women who reject them without compassion. It takes a lot for some men to approach you. If you don’t like him, that’s fine, but be kind.
If you’ve been wondering how to attract men, flirting is the way to go! Why? Flirting sends non-verbals signals that you are approachable and friendly. What’s involved? Brief eye contact and a smile when you catch a man’s eye before turning away gracefully. Looking back again a few minutes later if you found him attractive. Being friendly when a man does approach because OTHER MEN ARE WATCHING TO SEE HOW YOU’LL RESPOND. Yes, they hedge their bets since they don’t enjoy rejection.
Give men a clue that you are open and available with a look, a smile, a toss of your hair and you’ll be completely amazed at how much more attention you get. Flirting works!
4. If he’s not a 10, forget it. I agree, you deserve the best. But if you aren’t a 10, do you deserve a man who is? Who am I to tell you what you can and can’t have? I’m just suggesting that you lower the bar to a realistic level or you could keep yourself isolated and single.
This is not about settling! On the other hand, you do need to be open to get to know a few men. The gems, are often not a 10 to look at, maybe a 7 or 8, but they have hearts of gold and personality that moves them into the 10 category once you get to know them.
Beauty is only skin deep. For lasting love, you need character, similar values and ways of living life, respect, the ability to compromise, and the shared desire for a committed relationship. Perfection will never keep you warm at night. Only a living, breathing man can do that. Let a few into your life to see what you are missing and get over this demand for George Clooney or no one.
5. Get out of the house. Prince Charming doesn’t make house calls. He won’t come knocking on your door. You have to go out and meet new people to find the love you want. Help the right man for you find you! To do this, you have to cross his path and that means leaving the comfort of your home.
It’s so easy to get into ruts like going home after work, having dinner, watching TV, reading or hanging out on Facebook. This is a surefire way to stay single. having a relationship is not a must. But if you want one, you will have to put effort into the search. Once you find love, you’ll know it was all worth the trouble. Quit being lazy about your love life and go out.
There you have it – how to attract men by busting the five biggest myths that keep you single.