This has been the craziest week i can remember. I went from meeting to meeting and barely even got a chance to look at my email, never mind blog. I was MIA from a good portion of my normal routine and life. As a result, quite a bit just didn’t’ get done this week. And that got me thinking – how many of you are MIA regarding your dating life?
When a person is over focused on one particular area, other things go by the wayside. It can happen to anyone and it does. But is this the rule or just a fluke? If you find that most of your life leaves no room at all for dating, well then that is not a rare occurrence – it’s the norm. And as the norm, that means you are dating MIA.
No dates. No effort put towards your love life. No closer to finding the love you want and deserve. Harrumph.
So what’s a woman to do?
The Dating Coach’s Top 5 Tips to Shift into Dating Action
1. Become conscious of your tendencies to hide out. Notice what you do to keep yourself locked into your current single lifestyle. Then decide what you could do differently to improve your odds of finding love.
2. Smile more. Make an effort to smile at people you see on the street, in line at the bank or walking in the mall. Turn this into a practice and you’ll end up looking like a happy, friendly woman who is easy to approach! You can’t lose when you smile more because you’ll probably experience more things to be happy about. You’ll also end up making other people smile – spreading that good feeling where ever you go.
3. Find a single girlfriend who also wants to take action to find love and go to singles events together. A dating buddy can make things a lot easier to try. Plus, you can support and encourage each other to get out there, meet new people and keep moving forward. Be accountable to each other and don’t let anyone poop out on the promise to meet and mingle.
4. Visit www.meetup.com and look for groups you’d like to join. There are so many of these groups locally. Every big city has loads of options from singles groups, to Scrabble or book clubs, to ski clubs, etc. The sky’s the limit so join s few and check them out till you find one or two that you like. This is a great way to meet new friends locally.
5. Walk your dog! It’s not only good exercise for you and the pooch – so many people have met their partner in a dog park! This is a great way to meet all kinds of new people, especially with a new puppy. But any friendly dog will make a great conversation starter. Don’t just smile – take it a step further and have a real conversation. It might not lead to anything, but hey, you never know. Many marriages have their roots in the dog park.
There are countless ways to turn your MIA methodology around. Get off your proverbial butt and vow to do something this weekend. Look in the calendar section of your paper, call a friend and get out there. You life is waiting and so is your lover.
Single for too long, Ronnie wanted to find love. She put her skills from personal development and her spiritual path to work, dating 30 men in 15 months to meet her adorable husband Paul. Discovering the keys to manifesting and midlife dating, she founded It’s Never Too Late to help smart, successful women find love or live an empowered and magical life. Ronnie Ann Ryan, MBA, CCC, is a Certified Coach who has helped 1,000s of midlife women with her Love & Magical Life Coach services. She’s the host of the Breathe Love & Magic podcast and has been featured on NBC, ABC, & Fox News, NPR, BBC, eHarmony, MSN.com, and Connecticut Magazine among others. Also, Ronnie is the author of 6 books which are available on Amazon.