It’s officially summer! I love these glorious months of extra daylight, beaches, water sports, barbeques, outdoor activities, gardening, vacations and the warm sunlight rejuvenating my spirit. But, before you know it, Labor Day will be upon us because times flies even if you are not having fun. So I’m going to share a little dating advice for women to help you make the most of the warm weather to find love.
With two beautiful months in front of you, how can you ensure that you make the most of the summer season? I’m going to share three simple tips to help guarantee the fun you deserve and the opportunity to meet plenty of men while you are at it:
1. Plan Fun
Are you a planner? Many people are not. They get to the weekend after a crazy week and realize, “Oh oh, what am I going to do for the next two days?” Do not be a victim of your busy life. Plan some fun on the weekends.
Isn’t it great to have something to look forward to? Here are some ideas that range from free to pricey:
- Walk along the water. Wherever you live there is probably some water which is usually where the action is – be it a beach, lake or river. Water attracts people. So, plan a walk and finish up with an ice cream or a glass of wine.
- Invite people for a picnic or BBQ. If you don’t have the space, invite people to BYOP (bring your own picnic) at a park. Enjoy the outdoors and each other’s food and company.
- Watch fireworks. July 4th is coming up, but many communities have fireworks throughout the summer which are festive and a fun evening.
- Plan a girl’s weekend getaway. Go somewhere with your gal pals for 2-3 days. Make dinner or go out, enjoy outdoor activities, shop and laugh!
- Fly a kite with your kids. Or plan an activity that they like outdoors. Maybe find a destination for a great day trip and enjoy your children.
2. Try a New Adventure
- Have you tried hiking local trails? Mountain biking? Fly fishing? Water-skiing? If you are interested in physical activity, then it’s time to try something new. Adventure is good for your soul.
- Day trips offer inexpensive adventure, finding new restaurants, quaint shops and new sights to see. Enlist your friends or a family member and commit to at least one trip per month. Discovery is enlivening!
- Try a different hot spot every weekend. Make it your mission to check out all the local places, especially with live music. Outdoor patio bars are a great way to meet men because it’s so easy to mingle!
3. Focus on Self-Esteem
What will help you feel better about yourself and your life? Whatever that is, please do more of it!
- Self care is a great way to start. Whether you want a makeover, new hairstyle, new clothes or a personal trainer – go for it!
- Set an intention to speak kindly to yourself. Make sure your internal chatter is supportive vs. cutting or scolding. That’s a biggie. Treat yourself as you’d like others to treat you.
- Learn a new skill or start a new project. That’s a fun way to enrich your life. Plus, learning something new can help you feel more youthful – who doesn’t want that?
There you have my dating advice for women – plan for fun, seek adventure and build self-esteem – the perfect recipe for a summer to rave about.