Over 40 and thinking about dating younger men? Check out these 5 tips you need to know to find a younger guy and create a successful romance.
Why Dating Younger Men Is So Tempting
You are a youthful woman over 40 who has an enviable vitality and zest for life. You’re still hot, in good shape, very active, and feel young. You’re not interested in dating older men or even a man your own age. No way. You need a younger man because that’s the only kind of guy who can keep up with you. Nothing else will do but dating younger men.
You can’t imagine dating some old guy who is satisfied watching television night after night. A man who never wants to go anywhere or do anything. The thought of his aging body turns you off and leaves you – well let’s say uninspired.
You are not alone! As women have come into power and great success, the desire to date younger has become a huge trend. In fact, the word cougar is totally passé at this point because dating younger men is so common. My dating advice to clients is not to focus on a particular age but to focus on the qualities you seek. You can meet a young man who acts like an old man, and an older guy who is full of youthful vigor.
Still, when only a younger man will do, consider these five tips below.
5 Tips for Dating Younger Men
Now that you are clear on your desire to date younger guys, you need to know how to meet them and what it takes to have a successful relationship with them.
1) Where to Meet – If you look great for your age, meeting in person offers a big advantage. Mingling at parties, networking gatherings, charity events – these are not places where men of any age are likely to ask how old you are. However, with online dating you have to state your age. Of course you can fudge it, but I recommend coming clean in the body of your profile. If you don’t do this, you risk men thinking of you as a liar. Frankly, that label doesn’t bode well for a long-term relationship. Own up to your age – it could be a turn on for him!
2) What to Expect – Younger men have lots of energy and enthusiasm. They can be playful and open to new experiences. You can pretty much expect almost anything! Enjoy the freshness and excitement. Some younger guys will only want to sleep with you and others might want to check out what you’d be like in a long-term relationship – just like men of any age.
3) There Are No Rules for Dating Younger Men – When it comes to the age difference in dating, there are no rules. Sometimes the spread is ten years, sometimes as much as 20 years. I know of two long-term relationships of 10 years or more where the women are 20 years senior to their loyal guys. The same can be said for who leads in the relationship – you might be tempted to believe you’ll be in charge, but some young men will definitely take the reins. Learning to roll with things will certainly work in your favor.
4) Avoid Mothering – Whatever you do, you must avoid anything comments or actions that come across as mothering. Even if you know best, zip it unless asked. While age often does come with wisdom, use that to recognize people often learn best from their own mistakes. Hold in your well-intended suggestions. Nothing will crush a budding romance between a man and woman of any age then acting like his mom.
5) Enjoy It for What It Is – Whether you spend a few months getting your rocks off and walking around proudly with great arm candy or the tryst blossoms into a real relationship, enjoy it. Feel inspired, enlivened, and darn lucky to be having such a good time. If it ends too soon, find a way to hold your head high as you move on. Remember, there are more younger men open to older women where he came from so don’t fret!
Now that you know these five tips for dating younger men, go on out there to find that hot dude and make the most of it.