Hurricane Sandy Has Arrived So It’s Time to Flirt Up a Storm!
If you live on the East Coast – then you know its absolutely crazy out there! The wind is blowing, the tides are abnormally high and everything is closed. Well, not EVERYTHING. The Internet is still open and running while we still have power. At least it is here in Connecticut.
According to Laurie, the eFlirt Expert, traffic on dating sites will be up like crazy today for people on the east coast affected by the storm. In CT, train service has been suspended and I95 is closed. It’s like a snow day when you were in school. Many people didn’t go to work so what’s a single person to do? Get online!
Here are a few of Laurie Davis’s tips to get swept off your feet in love:
1. Laurie suggests that talking about the weather on a normal day is boring. But today it’s a hot topic! Why not ask that handsome guy on Match.com, “What are you doing while hunkering down for the storm?”
2. She also reminds us that you can try a free online dating site or take advantage of 7 days free on Match.com or Chemistry.com.
3. Even if you can’t go outside, you can still do a virtual tour by hopping around the dating sites to see which one you’d like tho check out or join.
4. If you find a guy online today, you might get lucky to connect and chat so don’t hesitate while you still have power!
Here are a few of my own tips to flirt up a storm to find love again:
5. It’s the perfect day to tackle writing that online dating profile you’ve been putting off. Give yourself the day off from work to move your love life forward or get it underway.
6. If you find a few guys that strike your fancy, put them into your favorites – this is a feature Match.com offers. This can spark a man to contact you if that’s your preference.
7. Float around Facebook and connect with new friends. Check out the friends of your friends because you never know who they might know that YOU want to know right?
8. Let the storm carry you away so you can be bolder than usual and take steps you wouldn’t normally take. For example, maybe today’s the day you”wink” at 10 guys from Match.com. Or maybe you’ll post a photo of you in “storm wear” to show that you’d be fun on a stormy night together.
Whatever you decide to do, give yourself a shot to connect, have fun and make the most of this insane weather energy.
Wishing you love,