This weekend I ran a workshop using the Law of Attraction to attract love. A lot of material was covered on how to create a powerful, customized affirmation for each class participant. After we completed the process, one woman asked me, “Do I have to say my affirmation out loud? What if I don’t’ feel comfortable doing that? I prefer to just visualize it while laying in bed.”
What a great question!
As a dating coach working with the Law of Attraction (LOA), I have discovered numerous ways to use affirmations. And, trying a variety of methods is actually a smart way to go. However, here are some crucial elements of working with LOA to be successful. Here are five tips to help apply the LOA for the best results:
1. You need to be comfortable with your affirmation. Of course it will be as stretch – you are reaching to manifest something you do not currently have. but it should feel good when you use your affirmation and leave you uplifted and with optimism.
2. Customize your affirmation. Make it specific to you. For example, it’s great to repeat, “I am a man magnet” but what kind of man? Losers? Men who are emotionally unavailable or unfaithful? Of course not! qualify those men in your statement:” I am a magnet for the right man, a good man who loves and respects me and fulfills my needs as I fulfill his.”
3. Give voice to your affirmation. I recommend to my dating coaching clients that they speak their affirmations. If you cannot say the statement out loud then you are not owning it, you are not embracing it, and hence you cannot not embody it. That means it won’t work.
In order for LOA to be effective, you have to vibrate at the level of what you want – that’s the way LOA works! So if you can’t say the affirmation because it doesn’t FEEL comfortable, then you miss out on the vibration of your voice which allow the affirmation to permeate every cell in your body. Don’t not skip this step!
4. Sing your affirmations. In fact, I often recommend to my dating coaching clients that they put their affirmations to music. Even if you use the song “Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star” and change the words to your affirmation, it can multiply the impact dramatically. Why? Because singing creates vibration!
5. Try several methods. When you try several different methods of using your affirmation, you will find the ones that resonate best with you. This makes a lot of sense because when you choose methods that feel good, you will do the work more often and it will permeate your being and subconscious mind that much deeper.
Naturally there are countless ways to work with affirmations that will increase their effectiveness:
– Write them every day
– Make a treasure map to visually represent them
– Decorate a pillow on your bed with your affirmation
– Visualize them in a meditation
When you start working with affirmations, fully embrace them and don’t do it sparingly. The more you work with them, the faster they will work.
You can read more on how to apply seven powerful MANifesting techniques from chapter 7 in in my book, MANifesting Mr. Right. Get your copy as a downloadable ebook, audio book on CD or paperback today.