Are you over committed? Does your calendar make your head swim? Do you sometimes feel like you just wish the merry-go-round would stop? I can relate! This world we live in today rushes forward at top speed. My inbox is full. My kitchen table is covered with mail. With so much information and so many things to do and take care of, who has time to think, never mind date?
Unfortunately we can’t slow the world down. However, WE CAN FIND WAYS TO SLOW OURSELVES DOWN.
First of all, taking care of yourself has got to be priority number one! That means eating well, sleeping enough, getting that exercise. Second, you have big priorities that can’t be ignored such as your job, child care, elder care and taking care of your home.
But after all that is done, is there time left for your heart?
There is only one way to get the time you need. And that is to make finding love a priority in your life. How you may ask?
Here are a few suggestion that may help:
1. Find an event you want to attend and put it in your calendar! Invite a friend or go alone. Don’t let yourself off the hook!
2. If you are considering Internet dating, put a timer on for 30-minutes or one hour. When the buzzer goes off, move on to do something else! (This timer process works great for any task including getting organized one hour at a time.)
3. Decide right now how many times during the next month you will set aside to meet new people. Create that as a goal and write it down. Then set aside time in your day planner or calendar to ensure you do this.
4. Learn to be spontaneous. Pry yourself out of your comfortable chair or couch, put that book down, shut that TV off, and go out for a change. It’s hard to change old habits but it’s worth the effort.
5. Leave the dishes in the sink. Something’s gotta give. The world won’t come to a screeching halt if your laundry isn’t folded or your dishes get done tomorrow. it’s OK to put off an item or two until the next day so you can leverage a social opportunity today. Just buy more underwear and stop worrying!
What ideas do you have to find the time to get out there? Please share them here with other readers so that everyone can find the time to look for and find love!